Against the backdrop of the current COVID-19 health crisis, it is worth taking a look at the properties of various antibacterial, antimicrobial and other treatments applied to coated textiles and fabrics. For years now, Cotting has chosen the right treatments for its fabrics in order to help you protect the health of users via the coated fabric coverings you use for your seats.
Antimicrobial technology is effective against a wide range of germs, including bacteria, mould and fungi, and can even reduce the presence of coronaviruses. In this respect it differs from antibacterial treatments, which are effective against bacteria only.
Antimicrobial substances offer a broader range of protection for products. Their performance makes them perfect for use in environments where hygiene is essential, such as hospitals, retirement homes and any healthcare facilities.
Cotting has chosen to use Sanitized molecules in its coated fabrics to prevent the growth of bacteria, fungi and coronaviruses, and to give its fabrics antifungal and antimicrobial properties. The use of these biocides has been governed by Directive 98/8/EC (Regulation 528/2012) since 1 September 2013. In accordance with the law, labels are affixed to all the items in our range that contain biocides.
Sanitized is also and above all a body that has been world-renowned since 1935 for its antibacterial treatments for textiles, polymers and more.
The antimicrobial properties of the Sanitized treatment in Cotting coated fabrics:
- Powerful bacteriostatic effect to prevent bacterial growth
- Prevents germs drawing food from their environment (sweat, fibres, mould, etc.)
- Prevents the activity, growth and proliferation of germs
- Fungistatic effect to stabilise the proliferation of fungi and mould
Moreover, these Sanitized substances are environmentally friendly and respect human health. Designing and manufacturing coverings that contribute to our daily well-being forms part of Cotting’s strategy for sustainable development.
Most of our materials have been tested to JIS Z 2801:2000 standard with strains of Escheria coli, Enterococcus faecalis and MRSA (Staphylococcus aureus).
Sanitized certificate and technical sheet available on request.
All seat coatings are exposed to dust, sweat and other dirt that encourages the proliferation of germs. Thanks to the Sanitized primer, Cotting coated fabrics:
- Retain their specific properties, such as elasticity and resistance to tearing
- Contribute significantly to users’ health in healthcare environments such as doctors’ surgeries, clinics, hospitals and elderly care facilities.
Sanitized products therefore mean that our materials can offer you the following:
- A reduction in unpleasant smells and mould
- A permanent inhibition of germs
- Reliable, long-lasting protection
- Long-lasting protection from the growth of bacteria, yeasts, fungi, etc.